As more people become interested in alternative health remedies, hemp-based products have become increasingly popular. Hemp seed oil and hemp extract are two of this category’s most commonly used products. Still, many people are unaware of the differences between the two. In this article, we will explain what they are, their differences and their benefits. Stay with us.
Hemp Seed Oil and Hemp Extract
Hemp seed oil and hemp extract are both derived from the hemp plant, which is a variety of the cannabis plant. However, they are made from different parts of the plant and have different chemical compositions.
What is hemp seed oil?
Hemp seed oil is made by cold-pressing seeds of the hemp plant. It is a clear, greenish oil and tastes nutty. It is rich in essential unsaturated fatty acids, including omega-3 and omega-6. The oil also contains vitamins and minerals. For this reason, cosmetics and skin care manufacturers extensively use hemp oil in their formulations worldwide. However, hemp seed oil usually does not contain any cannabinoids.
The benefits of hemp oil
- One of the benefits of the hemp seed oil is that it is easily absorbed by the skin, making it an excellent moisturizer. It can help to soothe dry, itchy skin and may even help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Hemp seed oil is also a great source of protein. It is rich in amino acids, essential for building and repairing muscle tissue. It is the reason hemp seeds powder is popular as a dietary supplement.
- It is high in antioxidants, which can help to protect the body from free radicals and reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as cancer.
- The fatty acids in hemp oil can help to reduce inflammation and help prevent acne.
- Hemp seed oil has also shown a positive effect on the cardiovascular system as it helps to lower cholesterol levels.
What is hemp extract?
Hemp extract is a concentrated oily substance made by extracting the resin from the flowers and leaves of the hemp plant. It contains a high concentration of cannabinoids, including CBD. Solvent extraction is one of the standard processes followed in getting hemp extracts. Sometimes, hemp extracts are blended with medium-chain triglycerides like virgin refined coconut oil. Such formulations are popularly known as Full-spectrum CBD oil.
The benefits of hemp extract
CBD, or cannabidiol, is a non-psychoactive compound. It offers a wide range of health benefits.
- One of the most well-known benefits of hemp extract-based CBD is reducing anxiety and depression. It can help to calm the mind and promote relaxation. It makes hemp extract a popular natural remedy for stress and anxiety.
- CBD is also beneficial in relieving pain and inflammation. It effectively reduces pain associated with conditions such as arthritis and multiple sclerosis.
- CBD and other cannabinoids have neuroprotective properties. It makes hemp extract a potential treatment for conditions such as epilepsy and Alzheimer’s disease.
You can enjoy the many benefits of hemp nutrition and hemp extract with the right products. The quality of products may differ. So, always make sure to buy ethically-sourced, third-party lab-tested, ayurveda-complaint and 100% organic hemp products. At CannaBlithe, we aim to build awareness about hemp-based personal and healthcare products. You can also consult our panel of doctors for CBD and Hemp based treatments for various illnesses and health conditions.